IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHIPPING & DELIVERY

Fabiano "Vajo del Centenario" 2009 - 1.5L

Regular price $150.00

Vajo is the result of a selection of Corvina, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, coming from the hilly grounds of the province of Verona, particularly bent to the production of those variety of red grapes. Carefully selected and hand picked-up at the end of September, to be subject to a partial withering in little wooden cases up to the beginning of November, then moved to the phase of pressing with a long maceration at controlled temperature. By the use of this technique we obtain a better extraction of perfumes and sweet tannins, and a well structured wine.

Grapes

60% Corvina, 25% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon

Region

Vineyards located on the hilly region north-west of Verona.

Soil Composition

Prevalence of clay and good content in limestone.

Vine Training System

Guyot HARVEST: Manual harvest. PRESSING: After 30 days of drying, grapes are gently pressed.

Vinification and Ageing

Fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature for over 35 days.At the end of its fermentation phase the 35% of Vajo has been refined in barrique of French oak for 18 months, and the remaining 65% in little wooden barrel of 12 hl for 24 months. Other 6 months in the bottle.

Tasting Notes

The intense, almost impenetrable colour and lively tonality are signs of a wine worthy of respect. The respect increases with the bouquet and the attention then focuses on the captivating characteristics of ripened fruit, caressed by delicately spiced wood, which leads the way to an elegant evolution. The palate lingers, with fine and lasting tannins, perfectly warm and savoury. An absolutely enjoyable wine.

Food Pairing

Perfect with red meat, lamb and kid. Also suitable for mature cheese. Open the bottle few hours before serving at 16° C

1.5L
ABV 14%
While Quantities Last
Price Includes All Taxes
Shipping Calculated At Checkout
Both Purchaser And Receiver Must Be Of Legal Drinking Age

NEED ASSISTANCE?

VISIT OUR HELP-CENTER

Close (esc)

TOO COLD TO SHIP

Brrrrrr!

Even whisky has a freezing point. With temperatures dipping below -30 we are unable to ship any orders until February 15th

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you need to change or cancel an order please contact us at info@whiskydrop.ca

Cheers!

- The Whisky Drop Team

YOU MUST BE LEGAL DRINKING AGE TO VIEW THIS SITE

Are you of legal drinking age?

Search

Shopping Cart

Your cart is currently empty.
Shop now
Sale

Unavailable

Sold Out